Joseph E. Adams has concentrated his entire legal practice in the area of Condominium and Planned Development Law for over 30 years. He is widely recognized as a leading expert and thought leader in the field. During his career, Mr. Adams has provided legal counsel to over one thousand community associations, primarily in Southwest Florida, where he serves as the Managing Shareholder of Becker’s Naples and Fort Myers offices.
- Martindale-Hubbel, A.V. Rated
- Inaugural Member of Florida Bar Committee responsible for creation of legal specialization in the area of Condominium and Planned Development Law
- Florida Trend, Legal Elite Hall of Fame
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Vice Chair, The Florida Bar’s Condominium and Planned Development Law Certification Committee, July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019
- Former Chair; Florida Advisory Council on Condominiums
- Former Chair; Community Associations Institute, Florida Legislative Alliance
- Former Member; Governor’s Task Force on Homeowners’ Association Legislation
- Member; Condominium and Planned Unit Development Committee of Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Member; College of Community Association Lawyers
Mr. Adams is a Member of the College of Community Association Lawyers. Membership in the College is reserved for attorneys throughout the United States who have focused their practice in the law of community associations for at least ten years, and have demonstrated leadership in the field through scholarly writings, legislative activities and other contributions to the industry. He has twice made continuing education presentations at the College’s Annual Meeting.
Florida’s Speaker of the House of Representatives appointed Mr. Adams to serve on the Advisory Council on Condominiums in 2004. In 2005, he was elected as Chairman of the Advisory Council, and served on the Council through 2007. In 2016, Mr. Adams was appointed to the Florida Bar’s Certification Committee.